About this workshop
In-person (2 day)
Virtual (modular, 12 hours)
As business grows more complex, the processes that support it become equally complex. When processes are either undocumented or when procedures are poorly written, your organization cannot confidently maintain the quality your clients or regulators require. On the other hand, when procedures are clear and easy to follow, you can be confident anyone can perform them consistently.
This course helps you write and edit user-friendly procedures that lead to higher quality, fewer errors and greater compliance with regulatory bodies.Download course outline (in-person) Download course outline (virtual)
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who writes or edits procedures in administrative, technical or scientific environments. We suggest 15 participants to allow for individual coaching.
You learn to
- use a consistent process and framework to quickly generate and organize content
- analyze and meet end-user needs
- clarify the objective of each procedure
- write clear, easy-to-follow steps using an action-oriented style
- choose the best format and layout so users grasp concepts quickly
- test your procedures to ensure users can follow them correctly and easily
- edit and proofread to ensure there is no ambiguity
- incorporate visuals into the text of your procedures
What to expect
We know that people learn best by doing, so this procedures writing workshop gives you many opportunities to practice as you learn. You participate in both group and individual learning projects and receive coaching from your facilitator. You bring samples of your own procedures to assess and pinpoint areas for improvement; as well, you plan and write a procedure so you can immediately apply your new skills.
You receive a comprehensive digital manual containing exercises to provide practice, checklists, templates, and examples. You also have access to online resources for post-course use.