Technical Presenting to Groups
About this course
In-person (2 day)
Virtual (modular, 12 hour)
Presenting technical information can be challenging, especially when the audience is non-technical or from a different area of expertise. This course focuses on four pillars of presentation excellence: developing the right content, speaking confidently, interacting meaningfully, and using PowerPoint and other visual support. You also learn techniques to help with the special challenge of presenting complex technical information.
You leave the course with noticeably enhanced presentation skills and greater confidence in your ability to speak in front of groups.Download course outline (in-person) Download course outline (virtual)
Who should attend
This course is ideal for leaders who present to senior audiences, either in person or virtually, and who need training provided virtually.
This course is designed for six people to allow each participant to present to the group and give and receive meaningful feedback. We can accommodate up to 12 people by adding a second facilitator for modules 2 and 4.
What you will learn
- clarify the objective of your presentation to keep yourself (and your audience) focused
- analyze your audience’s needs to ensure you include the right information
- apply a helpful framework to quickly shape presentations
- open your presentations in a way that captures attention
- present technical data in an easy-to-understand way
- use your voice and body language to enhance credibility
- design visuals that support your message
- manage audience interaction and respond effectively to questions
What to expect
This course is an intensive, hands-on, and enjoyable learning experience. Come with a presentation on a technical topic of your choice. During the session, you edit and refine your draft based on strategies learned. As well, you deliver your presentation and receive feedback from both your peers and the facilitator. In addition, you receive a recording of your presentation so you can evaluate your skills privately. You also receive a comprehensive manual, tip sheet and access to online resources for post-course use.