Presenting to Groups
About this course
Virtual (modular, 12 hours)
If you’re like most people, you probably dread having to stand up to present to a group. But presentations are here to stay—they’re a great way to share information, generate discussion and motivate your audience to act. Strong presentation skills build your credibility, make a positive impression, and play a big part in your personal and organizational success.
This course teaches you how to write clear, interesting presentations and present them with skill and confidence. If you’re selling externally, learn how to express the value proposition that differentiates you and your team from the competition. If you present internally, learn to be persuasive and clear.Download course outline (in-person) Download course outline (virtual)
Who should attend
This course is ideal for people who give presentations to small or large groups—either in person or virtually.
This course is ideal for people with some experience presenting to groups and who want to improve their skills and confidence. It is suitable for people who give presentations to small or large groups.
We offer these courses to groups of 6 participants with one facilitator, or up to 12 participants with two facilitators. With this low learner/leader ratio, participants receive individual feedback on the presentations they deliver during the session.
What you will learn
In this course, you will learn to:
- Assess your existing presentation skills and pinpoint areas for improvement
- Apply a helpful framework to quickly shape your presentations
- Clarify your objective to help you (and your audience) stay on track
- Decide what information and how much detail to include
- Open your presentations in a way that captures attention
- Use your voice and body language to enhance your credibility
- Design visuals with just enough content to support your message
- Manage audience interaction and respond effectively to questions
What to expect
This course is an intensive, hands-on, and enjoyable learning experience. Come with a presentation on a business topic of your choice. During the session, you edit and refine your draft based on strategies learned. As well, you have two opportunities to deliver your presentation and receive feedback from both your peers and the facilitator. In addition, you receive a recording of your presentation so you can evaluate your skills privately. You also receive a comprehensive manual and access to online resources for post-course use.