Facilitating High-Impact Learning
About this course
Virtual (modular, 12 hours)
As an internal trainer or facilitator, you need to know more than just your content. You also need to be an engaging instructor, a masterful facilitator, and a polished speaker.
This course gives you the skills you need to deliver anything from a one-hour lunch-and-learn to a multi-day course. The skills you learn apply to both virtual instructor-led and in-person instructor-led learning. The course increases your confidence as a trainer and improves your ability to deliver new skills to your colleagues.Download course outline (in-person) Download course outline (virtual)
Who should attend
This course is designed for subject matter experts, new trainers and those who would like to improve their skills in both virtual and in-person training sessions.
We can accommodate groups of six participants with one facilitator or 12 participants with two facilitators. This ensures you receive personal feedback on the training segments you deliver during the session.
What you will learn
- apply our helpful framework to quickly structure your message
- know your learners’ needs and clarify your learning objectives
- create a roadmap for your training sessions, and prepare helpful notes
- create an environment conducive to adult learning
- incorporate training techniques that meet the needs of all learners
- use strategies to generate discussion and encourage group participation
- give learner-centered instructions and constructive feedback
- use questioning techniques to reinforce the transfer of learning
- manage group dynamics to encourage a healthy exchange of ideas
What to expect
This course is an intensive and enjoyable learning experience. Come with a training segment on a topic of your choice. You deliver this training module to the group and receive feedback from both your colleagues and the facilitator. You receive a recording of your training session for post-course review. You also receive a comprehensive digital manual for post-course reference.