Communicate With Impact
About this course
In-person (1 day)
Virtual (modular, 7 hours)
Consider how much time you spend communicating in an average workweek. Are you confident that your communication skills are productive and strengthen relationships? If you would like to ensure you spend less time clarifying messages and more time getting work done, this course is for you. You learn the listening and speaking skills needed to communicate clearly and concisely in one-to-one and small group conversations.Download course outline (in-person) Download course outline (virtual)
Who should attend
This course is for people who need to be purposeful, focused and succinct in their day-to-day business communications. It is also a useful course for intact work teams.
We recommend a maximum of 15 participants for this course.
What you will learn
In this course, you will learn to:
- Assess your own listening and speaking skills
- Apply a proven framework to plan and manage effective conversations
- Overcome the common barriers that cause interference between speakers and listeners
- Send messages that build relationships and convey corporate values and beliefs
- Use a clear speaking style to express ideas succinctly
- Adapt your speaking style for different people and situations
- Package information to help listeners follow the logic of your message
- Determine the appropriate content and level of detail for every conversation
- Communicate effectively with people from four different behavioral styles
- Use body language, eye contact and posture to demonstrate confidence
- Ask insightful questions to probe for information
- Listen actively to gather the right information
What to expect
This course is fast-paced and interactive, with virtual breakout groups, chats and discussions. Through a combination of facilitator-led sessions and self-directed learning, you enhance your communication skills and build on your strengths so you can convey ideas more effectively.
Your digital manual guides you through the day. To help you transfer your learning to the workplace, you also receive a comprehensive online Resource Guide that includes the 5Cs Planner, additional information, self-assessments, job aids and checklists.
Build on your interpersonal skills with these additional courses:
Grammar & Proofreading
Delivering Compelling Presentations
Making Meetings Work
Not sure which course is right for you? Check our Course Matrix to find the solution that fits your needs.