Writing to Today’s Business Reader
About this workshop (1 day)
Today’s readers need fast, accurate, useful information to perform their jobs. If you are writing for business readers, you need to provide this information quickly and effectively. This workshop shows you how to create more effective documents in less time. Learn to use a reliable process to quickly write emails, short reports and letters that get to the point and give your readers exactly the information they need. As well, you learn to write clearly and concisely, and to use a constructive tone so all your documents support and build productive relationships.Download One-Page Summary
Who should attend
This business writing workshop is for people who write emails and other short documents to colleagues or to external business partners.
We suggest a workshop size of 12 to 15 participants to allow for individual coaching.
What you will learn
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Assess your current writing practice so you build the skills you need
- Energize your writing by using a clear, concise style
- Save time by using a reliable framework to quickly organize your messages
- State your purpose clearly and ask for specific action
- Decide what information your reader needs and how much detail to include
- Use a positive, constructive tone to build and maintain good relationships
What to expect
We know that people learn best by doing, so this workshop gives you the opportunity to practice as you learn. You participate in both group and individual learning projects and receive coaching from your facilitator. You use your own sample documents to assess your writing; as well, you write a short document on a topic of your choice so that you can immediately apply your new skills.
You receive a comprehensive manual containing checklists and other job aids, plus a handy laminated tip sheet to help transfer what you have learned back on the job.