Writing for the Web
About this workshop (1 day)
Writers who create or re purpose text for Internet or Intranet sites are often skilled at writing for paper, but too often fall into the trap of using print-based writing strategies that don’t work well on the screen. This web writing workshop teaches you how to write content that is clear, concise and usable.Download One-Page Summary
Who should attend
This course is for anyone writing for the web.
We suggest a workshop size of 12 to 15 participants to allow for individual coaching.
What you will learn
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Analyze the needs of your web readers
- Apply a step-by-step writing process to save time
- Make your message clear and your content scannable
- Write headings that are informative
- Energize your writing by getting rid of wordiness and clutter
- Use simple language for an engaging, readable tone
- Be concrete to make your writing compelling
What to expect
We recognize that people learn best by doing, so this website content writing workshop gives you many opportunities to practice as you learn. It includes mini-lectures, group discussions and a variety of exercises. The workshop is highly interactive and includes constructive and supportive peer editing. Bring in content you need to write or adapt for the web. You have an opportunity to do some writing and receive feedback from your peers and the facilitator.
You receive a comprehensive manual with job aids and resources for post-workshop reference.