Writing Effective Proposals
About this workshop (2 days)
Customer-focused proposals can help win new business and secure additional contracts. As such, the ability to craft winning proposals is a critically important skill for many business professionals. In this workshop, you learn to write proposals that provide a clear picture of your solution and demonstrate why your organization is the best choice.Download One-Page Summary
Who should attend
This workshop is for teams and sales people who are writing business proposals or responding to RFPs.
We suggest 12 to 15 participants to allow for individual coaching.
What you will learn
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Assess your proposals against the five qualities that all winning proposals have
- Write customer-focused proposals that win business
- Identify and address your clients’ key buying triggers
- Tie the benefits of your proposed solutions to your clients’ objectives
- Use a proposal development system that includes a competitor analysis and a strength/weakness analysis
- Write concise executive summaries that highlight the benefits of your product or service
- Write in a clear and concise style
- Use boilerplate seamlessly and effectively
What to expect
We know that people learn best by doing, and this proposal writing workshop gives you many opportunities to practice as you learn. You participate in both group and individual learning projects and receive coaching from your facilitator. Bring samples of recent proposals to assess and pinpoint areas for improvement. As well, you plan and write a section of a proposal so you can apply your new skills right away.
You receive a comprehensive manual with valuable resources for post-workshop reference.