High Impact Business Writing
About this workshop (2 days)
Skilled writers can create effective documents quickly. Better letters and proposals mean stronger relationships with your customers, and better internal communication means more effective and efficient decision-making.
This business writing course shows you how to address the needs of your readers and how to write letters, emails and short reports that are clear, concise and persuasive. These skills immediately improve the productivity of both writers and their readers.Download One-Page Summary
Who should attend
This workshop is for anyone who writes letters, emails or short reports to colleagues or external clients.
We suggest a workshop size of 12 to 15 participants to allow for individual coaching.
What you will learn
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Assess your existing business writing skills and pinpoint areas for improvement
- Use a consistent framework to quickly organize content
- State your purpose clearly up front, and ask readers for action
- Decide what information and how much detail to include
- Use a positive tone to build and maintain good relationships
- Energize your writing by using a clear, concise style
- Use writing strategies to influence or persuade
- Identify and correct common grammar mistakes that erode your credibility
- Edit your own documents
What to expect
We know that people learn best by doing, so this workshop gives you many opportunities to practice as you learn. You participate in both group and individual projects and receive coaching from your facilitator. You use your own sample documents to assess your writing and pinpoint areas for improvement; as well, you write a document on a topic of your choice to immediately apply your new skills.
You receive a comprehensive manual containing checklists and other job aids plus a handy laminated tip sheet to help you transfer learning to your work-based writing. You also have access to online resources for post-workshop use.