Email Writing for Results
About this workshop (half-day)
Thanks to email, everybody is writing more to both internal and external readers. As a result, people need simple strategies for writing clear, friendly messages and for using email responsibly.
This workshop gives you the skills you need in a time frame you can afford. The half-day format works for even the busiest schedule, making it possible for your entire organization to attend. Learn email writing skills to make your messages more effective so they help improve productivity and strengthen relationships.Download One-Page Summary
Who should attend
This workshop benefits anyone who writes email: customer service representatives, administrative and clerical staff, sales people, managers and senior executives.
We recommend a maximum of 20 participants.
What you will learn
Participants learn how to
- Determine when email is appropriate
- Write an engaging opening that gets to the point fast
- Write informative subject lines so your messages get read first
- Use a friendly, readable style
- Lay out your message to enhance readability
- Be positive: avoid negative triggers
- Energize your writing by cutting unnecessary fat
- Use email etiquette to gain credibility
What to expect
This interactive email writing workshop is information-rich and practical. You receive a comprehensive manual with several job aids and resources for post-workshop reference.