Report Writing for Auditors
About this virtual course
Good audit reports identify process improvements and opportunities to improve They can be challenging to write, since it’s easy to get bogged down in all the data you want to convey.
This virtual course shows you how to write complex documents that are easy for readers to understand and act on. It provides strategies and techniques to ensure your audit reports, recommendations, and project updates are clear, concise and persuasive.Download One-Page Summary
Who should enroll
This nine-hour course is ideal for those who need to write complex documents that are clear, readable and persuasive.
We recommend a workshop size of 15 to 20 participants to encourage healthy group interaction and allow for individual coaching.
What you will learn
In this course, you will learn to:
- use the writing process to create better audit reports in less time, every time
- use our helpful template to quickly structure your reports
- decide what to include and how much detail is necessary
- get right to the point without rambling
- use headings, lists and layout to make your document scannable
- present facts, figures, and visuals in a clear way
- write in sentences that are concise, positive and engaging
What to expect
We know people learn best by doing, so this course gives you many opportunities to practice as you learn. You participate in both group and individual learning projects and receive coaching from your facilitator. You use samples of your own documents to assess your writing and pinpoint areas for improvement. As well, you plan and write a report on a topic of your choice so you can immediately apply your new skills.
You receive a comprehensive manual containing checklists and other job aids to help transfer what you have learned to your back-at-work writing.