About this workshop (2 days)
Presenting technical information can be challenging, especially when the audience is non-technical or from a different field. This workshop focuses on four pillars of presentation excellence: developing the right content, speaking confidently, interacting meaningfully, and using PowerPoint and other visual support. You also learn techniques to help with the special challenge of presenting complex information. You leave the technical presentation training with noticeably enhanced skills and greater confidence in your ability to speak in front of groups.Download One-Page Summary
Who should attend
This technical presentation workshop is for people who present to colleagues in the same field or to non-technical audiences. It is suitable for people who give informal presentations to small groups or formal presentations to large audiences.
We offer these workshops to groups of 6 participants with one facilitator, or 12 participants with two facilitators. With this low learner/leader ratio, participants receive feedback on the presentations they deliver during the session.
What you will learn
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Assess your existing presentation skills and pinpoint areas for improvement
- Clarify the objective of your presentation to keep yourself (and your audience) focused
- Apply a helpful framework to quickly shape your presentations
- Analyze your audience’s needs to ensure you include the right information
- Open your presentations in a way that captures attention
- Present technical data in an easy-to-understand way
- Use your voice and body language to enhance credibility
- Design visuals that support your message
- Manage audience interaction and respond effectively to questions
What to expect
This workshop is an intensive, hands-on, and enjoyable learning experience. Come with a presentation on a technical topic of your choice. During the session, you edit and refine your draft based on strategies learned. As well, you have two opportunities to deliver your presentation and receive feedback from both your peers and the facilitator. In addition, you receive a recording of your presentation so you can evaluate your skills privately. You also receive a comprehensive manual, a laminated tip sheet and access to online resources for post-workshop use.