Presenting to Groups
About this workshop (2 days)
If you’re like many people, you need to present with impact and confidence to achieve your business goals and advance your career.
This workshop teaches the four pillars of presentation excellence: developing the right content, speaking confidently, interacting meaningfully, and using PowerPoint and other visual support. You leave with noticeably enhanced skills and greater confidence in your ability to speak in front of groups.Download One-Page Summary
Who should attend
This workshop is ideal for people with some experience presenting to groups and who want to improve their skills and confidence. It is suitable for people who give presentations to small or large groups.
We offer these workshops to groups of 6 participants with one facilitator, or up to 12 participants with two facilitators. With this low learner/leader ratio, participants receive individual feedback on the presentations they deliver during the session.
What you will learn
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Assess your existing presentation skills and pinpoint areas for improvement
- Apply a helpful framework to quickly shape your presentations
- Clarify your objective to help you (and your audience) stay on track
- Decide what information and how much detail to include
- Open your presentations in a way that captures attention
- Use your voice and body language to enhance your credibility
- Design visuals with just enough content to support your message
- Manage audience interaction and respond effectively to questions
What to expect
This workshop is an intensive, hands-on, and enjoyable learning experience. Come with a presentation on a business topic of your choice. During the session, you edit and refine your draft based on strategies learned. As well, you have two opportunities to deliver your presentation and receive feedback from both your peers and the facilitator. In addition, you receive a recording of your presentation so you can evaluate your skills privately. You also receive a comprehensive manual, a laminated tip sheet and access to online resources for post-workshop use.
Not sure which workshop is right for you? Check our Course Matrix to find the solution that fits your needs.