About this workshop (2 days)
Presenting to the C-suite and other executive audiences can intimidate even the most polished presenter. You must speak decisively about strategic issues and demonstrate confidence in your recommendations. You need above average delivery skills to get your message across quickly and clearly, and you need to be able to think on your feet when challenged or questioned. This workshop helps you plan and deliver strategic presentations that meet the expectations of your executive-level audiences.Download One-Page Summary
Who should attend
This workshop is for senior managers who are presenting to executives. It appeals to people whose ability to present at the strategic level is critical to their own success and the success of their organization.
We offer this executive presentation skills training to groups of 6 participants with one facilitator, or 12 participants with two facilitators. With this low learner/leader ratio, participants receive individual feedback on the presentations they deliver during the session.
What you will learn
In this presentation skills workshop, you will learn to:
- Assess your existing presentation skills and pinpoint areas for improvement
- Identify the unique rules and expectations of “C-Suite” audiences
- Clarify your objective to keep yourself (and your audience) focused
- Apply a helpful framework to quickly shape presentations
- Plan your strategic message to meet audience expectations
- Analyze your executive audience’s needs to ensure you include the right information
- Open your presentations in a way that captures attention
- Use your voice and body language to enhance credibility
- Design visuals that support your message
- Manage difficult Q&A sessions as well as pushback from senior audiences
- Add strength to your message through appropriate use of analogy, anecdotes and storytelling
What to expect
This workshop is an intensive, hands-on and enjoyable learning experience. Come to the workshop with a presentation on a business topic of your choice. During the session, you edit and refine your draft based on strategies learned. As well, you have two opportunities to deliver your presentation and you receive feedback from both your colleagues and your facilitator. We record your practice presentations and give you a copy to take home. You also receive a handy, laminated tip sheet and a comprehensive manual containing excellent resources for post-workshop reference.